Cool Stuff Happening in Houston this Weekend
Friday... one of my favorite days of the week because it's the day before Saturday, my absolute favorite day of the week! I always make sure to pack my weekend plans with things to do so I can make the most of my time away from the office.
It looks like a cooler, semi-gloomy weekend, so you might want to plan a couple fun things to do outside during the day, and then some fun plans at night inside.
Here are some things you might be interested in doing in Houston this weekend, January 26-28, 2018.
- Critical Mass at 7pm. The last Friday of every month is Critical Mass— a massive bike ride of over 1,000 riders. Meet at MKT Square Park at 7pm, and the ride leaves at 7:20pm. The full ride is around 20 miles, but you can break off at anytime.
- Watch Beauty and The Beast at Levy Park at 6:30pm and bring a picnic. More info
- Live Music at Axelrad with Adan Jodorowsky or Adanowsky. It's free and in collaboration with Wonky Power. More info
- Watch live Jazz at Cezannes all night!
- Joe Rogan live at Revention Center. More info
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market: every Saturday morning 8am-11am. I recommend getting there closer to 8am, because it's less crowded and there are still plenty of items to choose from. If you wait til 11am, most vendors are packing up because they are sold out! More info
- Free Yoga at Belle Station at 10am by @Fitnessintheloop
- Ayurveda Cooking Class at 4 Dragons. This would be great to do after getting fresh produce at the Farmers Market!
- The 35th Annual Auto Show is at GRB and discount tickets can be found
- Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company (Buff Brew) is having their 6th Birthday Party! More info
- Free Yoga at HTX Sportscreek at 10am by @Fitnessintheloop
- Free Yoga at Spring Street Beer and Wine Garden at 11am by @Fitnessintheloop
- Meditation at the Cistern by Buffalo Bayou every Sunday 11am-12pm. More info
- Do Yoga at the Toyota Center before the Rocket's Game and get a free Rockets Ticket. Starts at 2:30pm and hosted by @YogaOneHouston
- Watch the play, Holes, at Main Street Theater at 2:30pm. More info
- Houston Rockets host the Phoenix Suns at the Toyota Center
- Watch cats rock at The Rock Cats at the MATCH in Midtown. A fun show of cats doing entertaining tricks at 3pm and running all day.
- Watch the Grammys at home at 6pm.
Other Ideas for the Weekend?
- Visit the Oscar De La Renta exhibit at MFAH. More info
- Bike / walk / jog around Buffalo Bayou
- Walk around Rice's Campus and check out the Terrell Sky Space
- Watch Academy Award nominated film, The Shape of Water, at River Oaks Theater
- Go on a Street Art Tour
- Visit the Water Wall
- Visit the Zen Gardens next to the Zoo
- People watch at Discovery Green
- View 365ThingsHouston's weekend guide
- Visit Culture Maps weekend guide
Did Some Event Get Missed?
If there is an event that you think should be included on this January list, let me know in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com. I'd gladly consider adding it to the list and helping promote it! Follow my blog to stay up to date and looking forward to sharing more ideas next month!