Free Things to Do in Houston
Houston is packed with so many opportunities for fun. You can check out my Houston Bucket List guide for more fun things to do around Houston, but here is a round up of some of my favorite free things in the city.
- Visit the Museum of Fine Arts (free on Thursday)
- Walk, run, or bike (if you have one) along Buffalo Bayou
- Walk, run, jog in Memorial park
- Bring a deck of cards and play your favorite game in Memorial Park
- Watch movies outside at Discovery Green
- Take a stroll through nature at the Arboretum
- Watch a play at Miller Outdoor Theater
- Catch a light show during sunset at Rice University's Turrell Light Exhibit
- Visit the Contemporary Arts Museum
- Go to The Menil Collection
- Go on a Street Art Tour
- Take a picnic and go to the Water Wall
- Visit the Zen Gardens next to the Zoo
Do you have ideas for other free things to do in Houston? Let me know in the comments below!